When it comes to adverts, stand out from the crowd
Whether it’s for print, radio or social, adverts need certain things to hook a reader in to secure a purchase. Here’s some of our favourites…
- Use deadlines – they encourage action and avoid lack of decision making.
- Have one clear message to your viewer. Don’t confuse them with a multitude of information.
- Promote the benefits of a product or service not just the facts and features.
- Understand who your clients are and how to talk to them in any copy.
- Avoid clichés in advertising copy.
- Highlight your USP – what makes you different? What makes you stand out from the crowd?
- Use an incentive to encourage take-up – an offer or discount for example.
- Include a giveaway in exchange for shares on social channels.
- Set a goal for the ad and measure it so it can help shape future ads.
- Get to the point – people’s time is precious and you only have so long to get their attention.
- Let your brand be the clear star of the show.
- Be creative! Whether it’s a rhyming strapline, a catchy jingle or a wow image, be different.
- Consistency is key if you plan long-term campaigns. Consumers should always know it’s you.
- Where appropriate, evoke some emotion from your advert. Make the viewer feel something to remember.